Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup canned Diced Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 cups black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces frozen corn
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 lime juiced
- Tortilla chips and plain Greek yogurt for serving
- Turn slow cooker to low setting. Add half of the onion and bell peppers
to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top of onions and peppers. Then add remaining
ingredients except for the tortilla chips and yogurt. You may need to add more
chicken broth to reach the desired consistency of your soup.
- Cover with lid and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and put on a plate. Shred chicken with a fork and stir back into soup. Serve with crushed
tortilla chips and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: 420 calories; 9 g fat; 584 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 9 g fiber; 0 g added sugar; 46 g protein