Add grilled chicken or shrimp to increase protein in this dish or try it with bean pasta, like Banza chickpea pasta. If you have any veggies that need to be used up, add those too!
- 1 box whole wheat or chickpea pasta spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic and pepper, blending well.
- Add the cooked pasta, spinach and parmesan cheese.
- Blend well and toss to coat the spaghetti. Add salt to taste
Approximate nutrition per serving; makes 4 servings:
- 324 calories
- 16 g fat
- 7 g saturated fat
- 600 mg sodium
- 34 g carb
- 5 g fiber
- 2 g sugar
- 17 g protein
- 53% daily value calcium