Chicken breast is on 99% of grocery lists of people making diet changes for better health. And by week 3, 99% of those people are burned out on baked chicken breast. Here are 5 ideas for healthy meals that are chicken breast free.
- Burger Bowl: think of everything you like on a cheeseburger and put it into a healthy burger bowl. You can use brown rice, Banza chickpea rice or cauliflower rice as the base. Use lean beef, ground turkey or ground chicken for the “burger” meat. Try this Classic Cheeseburger Bowl.
- Cottage Cheese and fruit salad: use your favorite salad greens, top with cucumber and a fruit or two (examples: diced apples or pears, sliced strawberries, pineapple tidbits, halved grapes). Top it with 1/2 to 1 cup cottage cheese for 13 to 26 grams of protein.
- Chili Mac: this dish is great for prepping ahead a few meals for the week. Try it over bean pasta or whole wheat pasta.
- Bean pasta con broccoli: cook and combine a bean pasta like Banza penne pasta, cooked frozen broccoli and a light Alfredo sauce like Bertolli Alfredo with Cauliflower and Milk or Simply Organic Alfredo Sauce Mix.
- Overnight Oats: breakfast for lunch is perfectly acceptable! Mix up your flavors with various fruit and add nuts or peanut butter for heart-healthy fats. Blueberry Walnut ONOs are a classic combo.