These bowls are a perfect prep ahead meal for weekday lunches.
- 1 lb Cooked ground beef
- 1 bag Birdseye Steamfresh rice with mixed veggies or brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Sliced or shredded cheese
- Ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup- look for organic, natural or naturally sweetened like Simply Heinz)
- Chopped pickles or dill relish
- One pound cooked ground beef will make about 4 meals. For meal prep, start with 4 medium-sized containers with lids. Add 1/4 of the cooked rice and 1/4 of the cooked beef to each container.
- Top each with 1/4 cup shredded cheese or 1 slice cheese.
- Next, top each bowl with ketchup, mustard and chopped pickles. Refrigerate and when ready to eat, loosen lid and microwave for 45 to 60 seconds.
Get creative: top with bbq sauce, onions and chopped jalapenos; or mushrooms and Swiss cheese for a tasty twist.