This light, low-carb meal was created on a very hot Missouri day and therefore requires no oven, stovetop or anything else that requires heat!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 zucchini, spiralized or chopped
- 1 large tomato or 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 fully cooked deli rotisserie chicken
- 3 tbsp pesto sauce
- Combine zucchini, tomatoes and dressing in a large bowl; stir to coat veggies.
- Remove skin from breast portion of rotisserie chicken. Using a fork or your hands, pull chicken pieces in small chunks, or large chunks and cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/4 cup total). Save the rest of the chicken for another meal. Put chicken pieces in a bowl and add pesto sauce. Stir to coat chicken.
- Divide veggie mixture evenly in 2 bowls. Top with pesto chicken. Garnish with parmesan cheese or fresh basil if wanted. Serve.
Approximate nutrition information:
- Per serving
- 370 calories
- 24 g fat
- 4.6 g saturated fat
- 685 mg sodium
- 15 g carb
- 3.5 g fiber
- 29 g protein