This 2-ingredient (yes, just 2 ingredients!) grilled chicken is not overly spicy but has a great flavor that is slightly sweet and savory with a touch of jalapeno flavor.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup juice from Tony’s Sweet Heat Jalapeno Peppers
- In a large sealable bag, add chicken and juice from jalapeno jar.
- Seal bag and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at least 3 hours. This can also be prepped to this point and frozen in the bag for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees). Brush off the grill if needed and lightly coat grates with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place chicken pieces on grill and cook with the lid closed 6 to 8 minutes.
- Open grill lid, flip chicken using tongs and grill with lid closed another 6 to 8 minutes. When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, your chicken is done. Let it rest 5-6 minutes before slicing to keep it juicy.
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
- 208 calories
- 4 g fat
- 444 mg sodium
- 4 g carbohydrate
- 34 g protein