Mug cakes made with protein powder make the perfect sweet snack or small meal when something sweet just sounds good. Try this the next time it’s late and you don’t know what to make for dinner. Top it with low sugar vanilla Greek yogurt, like Dannon Triple Zero, for an even more filling meal.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 scoop (about 1/3 cup) Level-1 Red Velvet or milk chocolate protein powder (use my affiliate link here for free shipping!)
- 1 tbsp almond flour (or whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated stevia
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Redi Whip whipped cream
- Spray a large mug or other microwave safe bowl with cooking spray.
- In the mug, add the almond flour, protein powder, granulated stevia and baking powder. Stir to mix.
- Add the applesauce and milk to the mix. Stir to form a batter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to semi-set the cake. Add chocolate chips to mug. Microwave another 15 to 30 seconds.
- Cool slightly and top with whipped cream. Serve.
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
- 340 calories
- 15 g fat
- 180 mg sodium
- 28 g carb
- 2.6 g fiber
- 8 g added sugar
- 26 g protein
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Visit my privacy disclaimer page to learn more.