When you can’t choose between cinnamon apple and pumpkin spice, choose both! This recipe can be prepped in advance for a quick, filling breakfast you can take to work.
Makes 1 serving (make 3 or 4 at a time to meal prep)
- 1/2 cup organic old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder (use my affiliate link here for free shipping!)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 of a small apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- In a small container that has a lid, add oats, pumpkin, protein powder, spice and water. Stir to combine. Top with chopped apple and walnuts.
- Put lid on container and put in the refrigerator overnight or at least 3 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove lid, microwave for 30-45 seconds and eat.
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
- 300 calories
- 8 g fat
- 38 mg sodium
- 44 g carbohydrate
- 8 g fiber
- 21 g protein
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Visit my privacy disclaimer page to learn more.