- 1 box Banza chickpea pasta, any shape, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 packet Chili Man seasoning or other favorite brand
- 1 small can tomato paste
- In a large pan over medium heat, add ground beef. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon or masher, for 5 minutes or until it is no longer pink. Drain fat from pan if wanted- try this is a handy tool.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste and seasoning mix to the cooked beef. Stir to mix.
- Lower the heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Add water, tomato juice or low sodium beef broth if you prefer thinner chili.
- Serve over cooked Banza chickpea pasta.
Approximate nutrition information:
- Makes 6 servings
- Per serving:
- 364 calories
- 11 g fat
- 3 g saturated fat
- 531 mg sodum
- 42 g carbohydrate
- 9 g fiber
- 6 g sugar
- 28 g protein
- 1126 mg potassium
- 34% DV iron
- 33% DV vitamin A
- 20% DV vitamin C