Makes 4 servings
This is a very quick dinner idea or lunch meal prep option for people managing their blood sugars. The no sugar marinade and smaller portion of rice per serving help reduce total carbohydrates.
- 1 lb frozen, fully cooked, diced chicken breast- reheated in the microwave according to package directions
- 1 lb bag frozen stir fry vegetables, cooked in the microwave according to package directions
- 1 bag Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, whole grain brown, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup G. Hughes sugar free Teriyaki marinade
- After heating the chicken and vegetables, combine in a large dish. You can also choose to combine these in a saute pan if you prefer to cook the sauce into the meat and veggies. Otherwise, add the Teriyaki marinade to the chicken and veggie mix and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken and vegetable mix over warm brown rice.
Approximate Nutrition Information:
- Makes 4 servings; per serving:
- 262 calories
- 4 g fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 996 mg sodium
- 27 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fiber
- 3 g sugar
- 30 g protein
- 159 mg potassium